W-2 Community Steering Committee
Duties and responsibilities
Created according to Sub 1 to Resolution 266 1996-97..
Statutorily prescribed duties of the Steering Committee include:
- Advise the Wisconsin Works agency concerning employment and training activities.
- Identify and encourage employers to provide permanent jobs.
- Create, and encourage others to create, subsidized jobs.
- Create, and encourage others to create, on-the-job training sites.
- Guide the entrepreneurial effort of participants.
- Provide mentors, both from its membership and from recruitment from the community, to provide job-related guidance including assistance in resolving job related issues and the provision of job leads or references.
- Coordinate with the Council of Workforce Excellence to ensure compatibility of purpose and to avoid duplication of effort.
- Work with participants, employers, child care providers and the community to identify child care needs, improve access to child care, and expand the availability of child care.
- Seek sources of private funding to match employment skills advancement grants.
|Michael Basford||Member||Citizen|| |
|Jim Blakeslee||Member||Citizen|| |
|Rose Coleman||Member||Citizen|| |
|Greta Hansen||Member||Comm Act Coaltion|| |
|Todd G. Holman||Member|| |
|Angela Jones||Member||Citizen|| |
|Brandy Kading||Member|| |
|Seth Lentz||Member||Citizen|| |
|Jennifer Lord||Member||Citizen|| |
|Darold Lowe||Member||Citizen|| |
|Gary Luchini||Member|| |
|Hal Menendez||Member||Citizen|| |
|Carmela Mulroe||Member|| |
|Mary Pasholk||Member||Citizen|| |
|Yolanda Springfield-Woodard||Member||Citizen|| |
|Judith Wilcox||Member||Hsb Ch Or Designee|| |