Now Dash Away! Dash Away! Dash Away All!
December 18, 2008
Twas the week before Christmas and all through Dane County, Sheriff’s Deputies are patrolling to get you there safely…
No matter where your travels take you this holiday season, Dane County Sheriff David Mahoney wants to remind motorists to maintain that holiday spirit behind the wheel. With heavy traffic and wintery weather, driving will need your full attention. The Dane County Sheriff’s Office suggests these tips to get you to your destination safely:
· Never multi-task while driving.
· Maintain a reasonable speed. Posted speed limits are for good driving conditions. If the weather is a factor, decrease your speed.
· Leave a 2-3-car length distance between vehicles. This distance will give you enough time to slow down safely.
· Make sure your vehicle is well equipped for the trip. Have a winter maintenance check-up and keep an emergency kit in the trunk.
· Be conscious of changing weather conditions. Check weather and traffic reports before you leave. When snow and ice are present, make sure to adequately clean off windows for good visibility.
· Above all, wear your seatbelt and don’t drink and drive.
Sheriff David Mahoney and the staff at the Dane County Sheriff’s Office wish everyone a very safe and happy holiday…”and to all a good-night!”
Contact: Elise Schaffer, PIO
Phone: (608) 284-6142