January 16, 2009
At approximately 9:45 am, Dane County Sheriff’s Deputies, along with the fire departments from Verona, Middleton, and Cross Plains, were called to a house fire at 7660 Leta Way in the town of Middleton.
Alan M. Wearing and Ann P. Stein own the home. The fire was discovered when some of the residents returned home. No one was in the house when the fire started, and all occupants and pets are unharmed.
A preliminary investigation indicates the fire may have started in a lower level fireplace. Monetary estimates of the damage are between $100,000 and $150,000.
Contact: Elise Schaffer, PIO
Phone: (608) 284-6142