Residential Fire in Village of Cambridge

November 21, 2009
Lt. Mark Twombly Phone: (608) 284-6155 FAX: (608) 284-6043
Sheriff's Office

Madison, WI:   November 21st, 2009

At approximately 1:11pm, a structure fire to a duplex residence was reported at 301 & 303 Pleasant Street in the Village of Cambridge.  Cambridge and Deerfield Fire Departments responded as well as Dane County Sheriffs Deputies.  Upon arrival, the structure was found to be fully engulfed in flames.  Both residences are considered a total loss, estimated in excess of        $ 250,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to have been caused by cooking oil, which caught fire in the 301 Pleasant Street residence.  The resident’s son who was cooking at the time attempted to extinguish the fire, but was unsuccessful.  The occupants of both residences were able to safely evacuate, and no injuries are reported.  The occupants of both residences have found temporary housing with area families & friends.