Accessibility Information


Agency Listing Committee Listing Contact Us Disaster Assistance Registration Most Viewed Services


The following permits are required for local businesses from agencies of the Government of Dane County, Wisconsin.


  • Best Value Contracting Permit

    Public Works, Highway, and Transportation requires all contractors to be pre-qualified as a best value contractor with the County prior to being awarded a contract.

    More Information
  • Erosion Control & Stormwater Management Permits

    Land and Water Resources manages permits for land disturbing and zoning activities that affect local erosion control and stormwater management.

    More Information
  • Firm Name Registration

    Register of Deeds records the names of local firms and helps reduce duplicatations.

    More Information
  • Small Business Hazardous Waste Disposal

    CleanSweep manages the small business program which allows farms and businesses to dispose of agricultural chemicals or other hazardous materials and waste in a convenient and cost-effective manner.

    More Information
  • Highway Permits

    Public Works, Highway, and Transporation provides highway permits for companies who need to work on or along County highways.

    More Information
  • Stormwater Consultant Registry

    Office of Lakes and Watersheds has assembed a registry of consulting firms that specialize in designing and obtaining erosion control and stormwater management permits for applicants who would like to work with a consulting firm.

    More Information
  • Zoning and Development Permits

    Planning & Development manages zoning and development permits for land use changes and new construction and improvements in Dane County, Wisconsin.

    More Information
Accessibility Contact Us Employee Resources Employment Language Options Logo Terms of Use