Real Estate Division
The Real Estate Division of the Land & Water Resources Department (LWRD) preserves, protects, and acquires real estate interests in historical, archeological, natural resource, agricultural and commercial properties, and provides real estate services to county departments and county board committees.
Division activities include:
- Acquiring land, easements and other property interests for the LWRD and for other county departments
- Managing the Dane County Conservation Fund, Purchase of Development Rights Program and the Land & Water Legacy Fund
- Negotiating and reviewing leases for county programs, reviewing and processing utility and access easements, assisting with facilities and site planning for county construction projects, and disposing of county-owned surplus properties.
- Obtaining state and federal grants for the acquisition of land or easements and managing LWRD grant programs related to planning and real estate.
- Managing newly acquired property, including building demolition, boundary signage and habitat restoration.