Development Review Process
All applications for approvals and permits must be made in
person in Room 116, City-County Building, 210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. in downtown Madison. If you have any
questions or need further information, you may contact the Zoning Division at 266-4266.
The Zoning and Plat Review Division administers other development permit and approval processes. These include the following:
- Sign Permits are required for construction or alteration of many types of signs.
- Shoreland Zoning Permits are issued for development within 300 feet of a navigable lake, pond, river or stream (including intermittent streams)
- Flood Zone Permits are issued for any development activity proposed in a FEMA designated flood plain.
- Cellular and Communication Towers
- Salvage Yard Licenses are issued to all salvage yards, and must be renewed annually.