Highway Administration Division
In order to meet the publicï¿½s need for access and freedom of movement, the Dane County Division of Highway
and Transportation designs, coordinates, and maintains transportation systems that are (1) safe for both
workers and the general public; (2) responsive; (3) efficient; (4) effective; (5) environmentally sound;
and (6) financially responsible.
- 541 miles (1,241 lane miles) of County Highways (maintenance & construction)
- 378 miles (1,270 lane miles) of State and Interstate Highways (maintenance)
- 1,000 car parking ramp
- 6 Garage facilities & 4 separate salt storage facilities
- Oversight to Rail Transit Commissions
- Total Highway and Transportation Budget = $18,800,000
Public Work & Transportation Committee
All documents below are in
Adobe Acrobat format unless otherwise stated.