Dane County Receives National Recognition for Website Redesign Project
October 21, 2021
Ariana Vruwink, 608-267-8823
Today, County Executive Joe Parisi announced Dane County received national recognition from the Center for Digital Government (CDG) for its website redesign project. Dane County was selected as a finalist in the Overall County Government Experience category. Dane County was the only local government in Wisconsin to receive recognition from the CDG and competed against some of the largest counties in the country, including San Diego County, CA; Wake County, NC; Los Angeles County, CA; and DeKalb County, GA.
"Throughout the redesign process, we put an emphasis on making the website more accessible, inclusive, and user-friendly," said Dane County Executive Joe Parisi. "We thank the Center for Digital Government for recognizing Dane County’s effort to improve our overall website experience for residents and visitors."
The Government Experience Awards recognize the achievements and best practices of states, cities, and counties that are radically improving the experience of government and pushing the boundaries of how citizen services are delivered. Completing Dane County’s website redesign project was a county-wide team effort. Information Technology staff worked with teams from different county departments to launch redesigned sites.
Dane County’s website redesign project features:
- An improved user experience to get residents directly to the services and information they are looking for without needing to know how county government is organized
- A federated design to provide an overall county experience while allowing county departments the ability to have individual branding
- A responsive design to ensure sites work as well on phones as they do on desktop browsers
- Support for multiple languages
Overall County Government Experience Winners:
- 1st – New Castle County, DE
- 2nd – County of San Diego, CA
- 3rd – Wake County NC
- 4th – DeKalb County, GA
- 5th – Saint Louis County, MO
Finalists included Adams County, CO; County of Dane, WI; County of Los Angeles, CA; Pitkin County, CO; and Tarrant County, TX.