House Fire

April 26, 2009
Contact: Lt. Jan Tetzlaff Phone: (608) 284-6155
Sheriff's Office

Madison, WI. March 30, 2009 – At approximately 10:35 a.m., Edgerton Fire Department and Dane County deputies responded to a reported house fire at 552 CTH X in the town of Albion. When they arrived the house was engulfed in flames. Edgerton Fire Department received assistance from Cambridge, Stoughton, Milton and Ft. Atkinson Fire departments in fighting the blaze. No one was living in the two-story farmhouse at the time of the fire, as it was being renovated. The owner was in the home doing some painting when a smoke alarm sounded in another room. He went to check on the alarm and saw flames in a room containing a space heater. He was able to exit the home without injury and call 9-1-1. According to the Edgerton Fire Department, the space heater is believed to be the cause of the fire. The house is a total loss and is estimated to be valued at $250,000.